The city of Southlake, Texas began its history back in 1866. This first plot of homestead land in Southlake was located on what is now Dove Road, and consisted of 360 acres. Settlers from Dade County, Georgia founded White’s Chapel Church, located at Southlake Boulevard and White Chapel Boulevard, in 1871
Located between Alliance Airport and Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, alongside a dynamic commercial corridor, Southlake covers 21.5 square miles. Currently served by four top-notch independent school districts, residents move to this affluent community for its location, schools, high-quality residential housing, commercial growth, and hometown appeal.
The Carroll Independent School District, serving most of Southlake, has consistently ranked above average for standardized tests; the Texas Education Agency rated the district Exemplary for the 2010 school year.
Commercial development activity continues on an upswing, adding fiscal stability to the community. Southlake’s newly developed town square is designed with turn-of-the-century 1900s architecture, featuring many upscale retail stores and exclusive boutique niche shops. More than 600 businesses call Southlake home, and several medical centers have established operations in Southlake.
The city’s parks and recreation facilities are some of the best in the area, with expansions of city softball, baseball, and soccer facilities, and a citywide trail-building campaign and the purchase of another 100 acres to allow for future growth. www.ci.southlake.tx.us